Macquarie Generation produces electricity through the safe, responsible and efficient operation of Bayswater and Liddell Power Stations. A safe working environment is fundamental to our business success and we are committed to achieving zero harm workplaces through effective planning, management and safe work practices.
The health, safety and welfare of employees, contractors and visitors at all our workplaces take priority. Where individuals have genuine safety concerns, they have the right to stop the job to seek further risk assessment.
All individuals have safety responsibilities at our workplaces, including contractors and visitors. Identification, elimination, control and management of risks and hazards, together with appropriate reporting systems, contribute to our achievement of safe work environments.
We are committed to:
- Continual improvement of our safety performance.
- Consolidating and maintaining an OHS Management System compliant with AS 4801.
- Meeting obligations consistent with employee and community expectations.
- Complying with relevant legal and other requirements.
- Establishing and regularly reviewing safety objectives and targets.
- Ensuring that persons working for or on behalf of the Corporation have the competencies to work safely.
- Monitoring others working on or visiting our sites to ensure compliance with legal obligations and OHS instructions.
- Encouraging employees and others to positively contribute to our safety management programs through consultation processes.
- Supporting and strengthening employees' participation in i-Safe, our safety behaviour program.
- Progressively eliminating smoking from our workplaces.
This policy will be communicated to all persons working for or on behalf of the Corporation and will be made available to interested parties on the Corporation's website. It will be reviewed at least every two years.
R W Skelton
Chief Executive and Managing Director
29th July 2011